Divine Descent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A social, friendly Clan waiting on GW2.

HomeGalleryPortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 38 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:42 pm
Shout Box

FFXIV Oct. 15 Update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Keruvinde
Leader
Keruvinde

Male
FFXIV Name : Keruvinde Koromis

FFXIV Oct. 15 Update Empty
PostSubject: FFXIV Oct. 15 Update   FFXIV Oct. 15 Update Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:08 pm

FINAL FANTASY XIV Version Update (Oct. 15)
A version update of FINAL FANTASY XIV was performed at the following time.

*The software client will begin updating automatically the next time you run FINAL FANTASY XIV.

[Date & Time]
Oct. 15, 2010 at 1:45 AM (PDT)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Important Update Details]

- Market wards have been modified as follows:
* Wards are now assigned specific item categories.
* Items corresponding to a ward’s item category will receive lower tax rates than items that do not correspond to the category.
* For an example of the new ward names and item categories, please visit the following page:
( http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=693682a80ae927d74b11a0381c7cd1af570568aa )

- Targeting and selecting a retainer will automatically open their Bazaar.

- The party bonus system (which awards bonus skill points for battles fought in a party) has been changed so that the bonus is awarded based on the number of fellow party members in the same area who are within the appropriate skill rank range, not simply the total number of party members.

* The party bonus system awards more points when there are more party members within the appropriate skill rank range.
* In this case, "appropriate skill rank range" means a skill rank no more than five ranks lower or higher than your own.

- The maximum numbers of crystals and shards each character and retainer is capable of carrying have been changed to 9,999.
* With the maximun numbers of crystals and shards that can be transferred at one time through trade and bazaar will remain as 999.
* This is a temporary measure and crystals or shards obtained in excess of this amount will automatically be discarded. The system is undergoing a fundamental redesign and adjustments will continue to be made.

* Caution on numbers that can be traded at one time through trade and bazaar has been added at around 2:50 PDT on Oct. 15, 2010.

- NPC display priority has been modified. This will ensure that important NPCs, such as Baderon, are displayed first.

- An issue where the retainer would not appear when summoned with the Summoning Bell has been fixed.

- An issue where the retainer would be visible to other players when summoned with the bell has been fixed.

- An issue where text commands could be used to equip items that the player should not have been able to equip has been fixed.
Back to top Go down
Adric
Master
Adric

Male
FFXIV Name : Adric Black

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Oct. 15 Update   FFXIV Oct. 15 Update Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:21 pm

The first of many, many, many, many more to come :p how exciting! They may as well have just said: "Market system being made less of a piece of shit, but still remains a piece of shit for now"
Back to top Go down
Drace

Male
FFXIV Name : Drace Alighieri

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Oct. 15 Update   FFXIV Oct. 15 Update Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Here is an interesting read outlining all the coming changes SE are planning to make. Also includes information about an extra 30 free days of gametime!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/294974/Message-from-Director-and-Planned-Changes-NovDec.html
Back to top Go down
Khor
Khor

Male
FFXIV Name : Khor Sartz

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Oct. 15 Update   FFXIV Oct. 15 Update Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:58 pm

yay market wards!
i hope it will now be worth it to go inside them...

and for that free 30 days we dont have to do anything right?
Back to top Go down
Drace

Male
FFXIV Name : Drace Alighieri

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Oct. 15 Update   FFXIV Oct. 15 Update Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:58 pm

as long as you have created a character before October 25th you get the extra 30 days, as far as I can tell.

I am looking forward to the scrollable map, the sortable inventory and the drag and drop abilities and items :)
Back to top Go down
Keruvinde
Leader
Keruvinde

Male
FFXIV Name : Keruvinde Koromis

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Oct. 15 Update   FFXIV Oct. 15 Update Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:11 pm

wow...a version update once every 3 months? XD whoo so us getting to hire more than 1 ret is gonna come extremely late then XD

lol guess we gotta wait till alte nov for a bunch of the stuff i want XD

but i agree with some fo the posters...crap like inventory sort should have been there from the start. now...the picking items from a lsit to craft saves us having to manually pick all our items which is great too i guess.
Back to top Go down
Adric
Master
Adric

Male

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Oct. 15 Update   FFXIV Oct. 15 Update Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Drace wrote:
I am looking forward to the scrollable map, the sortable inventory and the drag and drop abilities and items :)

If by scrollable map you mean the ability to move the map around and see the whole thing, you already can with the IJKL buttons, they're the camera buttons for people playing with the numpad controls.
Back to top Go down
Khor
Khor

Male
FFXIV Name : Khor Sartz

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Oct. 15 Update   FFXIV Oct. 15 Update Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Adric wrote:
Drace wrote:

If by scrollable map you mean the ability to move the map around and see the whole thing, you already can with the IJKL buttons, they're the camera buttons for people playing with the numpad controls.

Thats true but i would still prefer having the option to use the mouse. It seems most games have that function and a few of us are used to it.
Back to top Go down
Adric
Master
Adric

Male

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Oct. 15 Update   FFXIV Oct. 15 Update Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Yeah I don't like using those buttons either, but it's better than nothing, which is what we got for many other options we "should have had" XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Oct. 15 Update   FFXIV Oct. 15 Update Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Oct. 15 Update
Page 1 of 1